Fortunately, there are tons of options in today’s cosmetic industry for achieving the look you want. Breast augmentation is one of them. If you are thinking about getting breast implants, your biggest concern may be “what size should I get?”. Some women prefer to have a size proportional to their body, while others desire to go larger. There are many tactics for determining the correct size that is right for you. It’s your body and your decision, so it’s important to know exactly what you want so that our cosmetic surgeons in Philadelphia can meet your specific needs.
Size matters when the ultimate goal of the breast augmentation surgery is to make them appear natural. There are two things you should consider when selecting your new breast size: How you want to appear, and how you want it to fit in with your lifestyle. A breast implant size that can accommodate both aspects is most ideal. Think about your exercise routine (big implants can possibly get in the way) and your personal style.
Everybody’s body is unique, so what one breast size may look on one person may turn out looking different on another. In the plastic surgery world, breast sizes are measured in cubic centimeters, or “cc” for short. They can be as small as 125cc and as large as 2,000cc (or higher!). When you come into our surgicenter for a consultation, our certified doctors will meet with you to discuss what breast size you are interested in and provide their expertise. Rather than dictate your size, they act as your guide in your decision-making process.
Here are some useful techniques that can help determine the breast size you desire.
- Try on breast implants at our plastic surgery facility.
- Research online to view before and after photos of breast augmentation procedures. Observe multiple breast implant sizes in women with different body types.
- Conduct the rice test. The test can be done in the comfort of your own home and is considered to be the most accurate tactic. Simply place measured amounts of rice into a plastic bag and insert it into your bra.
- Get advice and opinions from friends regarding breast size choices. Bring them with you to an appointment or show them pictures taken from your breast size session. You can also talk to friends who have had the operation done to gain an insight of their experience.
- Request a second breast size session at the doctors to be sure that the implant is exactly the one you want.
Once you go in for the procedure, your breasts are going to be that size for a long time. Be confident and sure of the breast size you prefer before you opt for surgery. Whether you need a nose job in Philadelphia or are looking to have breast augmentation done, we are here to guide you through the entire process. Book an appointment with us today to get started on achieving the body of your dreams.