For years, women of all ages have turned to breast augmentation surgery to improve their physical appearance. As one of the most common forms of cosmetic surgery, thousands of women choose breast augmentation each year. At Gabay & Gottlieb Cosmetic Surgery, we’re proud to be the top choice for breast augmentation in Philadelphia. While we understand the decision of breast augmentation is a big one, here are just a few of the benefits we tell our patients when they choose us for Philadelphia breast augmentation:
Making What's Good Even Better
Struggling to lose unwanted fat affects millions of Americans each year. Stomach fat can arise from pregnancies, old age and even hormonal changes among other things. With the arrival of summer, there are many reasons to consider getting a tummy tuck procedure to remove that unwanted stomach fat.
Anyone who is looking for the best place to go for a tummy tuck or top plastic surgeons in Philadelphia should look no further than Gabay & Gottlieb Cosmetic Surgery. As the leaders of plastic surgery in Philadelphia, we have helped patients with face, breast, and body procedures for almost 20 years. Here are three of the most common benefits of a tummy tuck procedure:
Now that summer is almost upon us, it’s the perfect time to finally learn more about liposuction, or another type of plastic surgery in Philadelphia, PA, and the surrounding areas, if you’ve been considering an upgrade to your beach body. Unfortunately, there are a number of myths and rumors surrounding liposuction that can confuse men and women who are thinking about what liposuction can do for them. We’ve “busted” four of the most common liposuction myths so that you can stay informed.
- Myth: Liposuction is for those fighting obesity. Contrary to popular belief, liposuction is not a solution or treatment for weight control issues like obesity. The ideal candidate for liposuction should be at or very close to their goal weight, and it should be used to treat localized fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. Removing too much fat during the liposuction procedure can be dangerous, so you should not seek liposuction if you still have a significant amount of weight to lose.
- Myth: Everyone will be able to tell that you’ve had liposuction. In the vast majority of cases, liposuction only requires a 1/4th-inch incision. This incision will be made on an area of your body that is typically covered by clothing–so your procedure will not be obvious.
- Myth: Liposuction is painful. Many people believe that liposuction is painful, but thanks to the use of anesthesia, most patients barely feel anything during the procedure. Post-procedure, some patients report feelings not of pain, but of dull soreness for a few days after surgery. Compression garments can help to control soreness.
- Myth: The weight will return after liposuction. The effects of liposuction are more or less permanent after the procedure, so long as they are partnered alongside a healthy lifestyle. If you do gain a significant amount of weight after having liposuction (more than ten pounds), your new shape will simply be a larger version of your shape after the procedure. To keep liposuction results looking as good as possible, plan to maintain a balanced diet and active lifestyle after recovering from surgery.
Interested in learning more about liposuction? The team at Gabay and Gottlieb Cosmetic Surgery is here to help! Give us a call today at 215-501-7565 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Philadelphia plastic surgeons today!
If you have been considering undergoing breast augmentation surgery, it’s crucial that you arm yourself with knowledge before choosing a surgeon and making an oftentimes permanent decision regarding the look of your body. Read on to learn four of the most important things that you should know before undergoing breast augmentation:
● You’ll need to take some time to recover. After your surgery, you will likely feel sore and fatigued. Patients who have undergone Philadelphia breast augmentation typically need to take about five to seven days off from work before resuming their daily routines.
● You won’t need to replace them. Many women are under the impression that breast implants will need to be replaced every five or ten years. Unlike other cosmetic procedures like Botox injections or lip fillers, breast augmentation in Philadelphia will permanently change the size or shape of your breasts. The only reason you will have to replace your implants is if you are having specific problems–a rare occurrence.
● You may not be an ideal candidate. If you have a family history of breast cancer, you are a smoker, or you are obese, the risk of complications during breast augmentation surgery may increase. Consult with your doctor and be sure to disclose these factors to decide if it is safe for you to undergo the procedure.
● You should have realistic expectations. Experienced plastic surgeons know that drastically increasing the size of the breasts through augmentation is often unsafe and looks unnatural. You should not expect to go from an A cup to a DD cup during your first procedure. Instead, your doctor will work with you to decide on an ideal shape and size that will work with your frame and give you the look that you desire.
If you are uncomfortable with the shape and size of your breasts, the team at Gabay & Gottlieb Cosmetic Surgery may be able to help. Give us a call at 215-501-7565 to schedule a consultation and to learn more.
Before we know it, the last weeks of freezing weather will be behind us, the sun will be shining brighter, and summer will be peeking its head just around the corner. On the cusp of the warmth and seasonal festivities ahead of us, the Gabay & Gottlieb Cosmetic Surgery Center is preparing itself for a wave of patients, all eager for the summer of 2018.
Although a majority of our patients opt for surgical procedures during the winter, we see just as many streaming into our Philadelphia surgical center every year around the months of spring. It makes sense: between spring and summer, you have more than enough weeks to rejuvenate or augment your body in some way, whether you’re seeking a facelift or liposuction in Bucks County, PA, or surrounding areas.
Why Surgery In the Spring?
When you schedule surgeries during the spring, you have plenty of opportunities to undergo the aesthetic treatment you’ve been envisioning. Because most Americans take vacation during the summer, you can easily negotiate a week of sick leave as you recover from surgical procedures. Moreover, the cooler temperatures of spring lend themselves to healing and concealing clothing that will hide any signs of surgery.
Simpler Aesthetic Procedures
Of course, surgery is not your only option if you’re hoping to transform your look before bikini or tanning season is upon us. Because Gabay & Gottlieb stays at the forefront of aesthetics, luxury cosmetic treatments, and dermatology, our surgeons and nursing staff can recommend you a full range of non-surgical procedures.
Patients who visit our surgical center in the greater Philadelphia area receive a confidential, and complimentary, consultation with Dr. Gabay or Dr. Gottlieb. Discussing your hopes for your body, along with your medical history, you’ll talk aesthetics, skin care, and everything you’ve wanted to know about cosmetics.
Perfect Surgeries in the Spring
Channeling more than 30 years of collective experience, Dr. Gabay and Dr. Gottlieb will devise a personalized treatment plan for you. Understanding your wants and your needs, you’ll find the cosmetic procedure that caters specifically to you, your schedule, and your lifestyle. Whether a surgery requires a single day or a week of downtime, you’ll be more than ready for the summer of 2018, long before it arrives.
Learn more about liposuction in Philadelphia, PA, or another local area, by giving us a call at 215-501-7565.